Update on our position regarding COVID-19 and our support services23rd March 2020
The situation surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been rapidly evolving. We have been closely monitoring the situation here at 8020 and following the latest guidelines from the World Health Organisation and UK authorities.
The health and safety of our colleagues, their families and our communities are our highest priority, as is, where possible ensuring the continuity of service for our clients.
We have taken the decision to close our office and we have rolled out working remotely from home with our full workforce. We believe this is the most responsible route to take going forward to protect our teams and to mitigate risk to others.
Some key points regarding 8020’s continued support in relation to IT Services:
- We will maintain our Helpdesk support as normal
- We would urge all of our clients to use email@example.com for all support requirements, we will still have telephone access but in order for the home working teams to offer the best level of service our preferred method is via email in the first instance
- Project work requiring onsite visits will be suspended until further notice
- Business critical issues that require site attendance will be reviewed on a case by case basis
We are currently working with a large number of our clients in order to support and respond to enquiries regarding home working and a variety of other challenges their businesses are facing, we would appreciate your understanding and patience at this time while we work through this. If you currently have a support request logged with us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Some key points regarding 8020’s continued support in relation to Telecommunication Services:
- We have a direct fulfilment arrangement in place with our key suppliers, so we can deliver any hardware requirements direct to an end-user.
- We’ll provide the same level of service and support that you currently get from us.
- All of our contact points will remain the same, as follows:
- Contact us on our main telephone number 01387 250008;
- Email your Account Manager directly;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any support requirements.
In a time of uncertainty for the whole country we are going to do our very best to maintain a level of ‘business as usual’. We are also in regular contact with our suppliers to ensure that they have clear plans in place to mitigate risk and we are currently being given assurances that service levels will be maintained, however, we will continue to closely monitor the situation and inform you if the situation changes.